IT Level 3 Network Engineer
I.T. Matters, Inc., founded in 2012, is a Managed IT Services, Backup and Disaster Recovery, Cloud Hosting, Telephony, and IT Security Services to Small and Medium Business in the greater Houston area and along the Gulf Coast. We are expanding and looking to grow our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a dynamic work environment, on the job training, IT Certification Training and Exam Reimbursement, and workplace perks including a kitchen stocked with coffee/espresso, gourmet teas and snacks.
The IT Level 3 Engineer is responsible for managing and maintaining our end client’s technology infrastructure, ensuring client satisfaction, and administering their networks are essential in this position. The Engineer will also function as an escalation point and will be responsible to assisting and directing Level I and Level II technicians on specific issues. Applicants MUST reside in the greater Houston area and authorized to work in the US.
The IT Level 3 Engineer will also run points on projects and will be responsible for coordinating with the Project Director and Team Led to schedule required resources for projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The IT Level 3 Engineer position is a key contributor to the success of managing our client’s infrastructure. This is achieved by quickly resolving incidents that our clients open tickets for and by constantly monitoring the alerts generated by our tools to resolve incidents before our clients are aware.
- This position will also function as an escalation point for Level 1 Help Desk and Level 2 Technicians, providing coaching as well as taking on service tickets that require a higher degree of technical ability.
- IT Level 3 Engineer will be responsible server and network installations and upgrades as well as managing larger projects.
- Travel will be required to provide installation and support services to client locations outside the greater Houston area when required.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Required Functional Skills
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed (absolute) documentation on each job.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate through email.
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships.
- Strong desire to develop professionally.
- Ability to work with little supervision and manage a team.
Required Technical Experience:
- 2-year experience with Business-Grade IP Networks, Firewalls, Switches and Wireless Access Points.
- 2-year experience in Windows 10, and Windows Server 2016 & 2019 Operating Systems in a production environment.
- 2-year experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy in a production environment.
- Admin-Level Experience with Microsoft Office 365.
- Admin-Level Experience with Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience with Office 365 Migrations.
Educational / Vocational / Previous Experience Recommendations:
- A+ Certification is preferred.
- NET+ Certification is preferred.
- Security+ Certification is preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is preferred.
- 2-year experience in computer network management is required.
- Experience in managing end client networks is preferred.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance