Did You Know I.T. Matters, Inc. Offers SOC & SIEM Services in Houston?
Houston enterprises find it easier and cost-effective to outsource a Security Operations Center (SOC) that utilizes Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) software to protect their IT infrastructure and sensitive data.
Technology is an integral part of all Houston businesses, large and small. With continuous cybercriminal activities, organizations of all sizes need to take strong cybersecurity measures to protect data and information.
Today’s threat landscape is a significant concern for companies handling critical data, especially high-risk and sensitive industries such as healthcare, financial institutions, and government facilities. According to the HIPAA Journal, in September 2020 alone, there were more than 95 data breaches that resulted in the exposure of 9,710,520 healthcare records.
Organizations are looking for reliable and robust cybersecurity solutions. Houston enterprises find it easier and cost-effective to outsource a Security Operations Center (SOC) that utilizes Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) software to protect their IT infrastructure and sensitive data.
What is SOC and SIEM?
A Security Operations Center (SOC) consists of people, processes, and technology designed to continuously monitor and improve an organization’s security posture. The goal of the SOC is to prevent, detect, analyze, and respond to cybersecurity incidents.
A Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) software collects and analyzes aggregated log and event data produced by applications, devices, networks, infrastructure, and systems. The goal of the SIEM is to provide an organization with a holistic view of the entire IT infrastructure.
Both sets of technology work together. The SIEM provides the log data and the SOC team handles alerts and security issues gathered from the SIEM log analysis.
SOC is a security management service that includes:
- Monitoring – Involves checking systems for cybersecurity threats.
- Incident Management – Deals with alerts to suspicious activities and patterns.
- Analysis – Through a thorough investigation, the SOC identifies security incidents and determines how the system was breached. The analysis also drives the SOC to stay ahead of potential threats.
- Resolving Issues – Once a threat has been analyzed it needs to be contained. The entry point needs to be closed off and patched to stop any more damage from occurring.
A SIEM solution consists of several components including:
- Data Aggregation – Collects data from multiple sources and puts it all in one place to be analyzed.
- Threat Intelligence – Involves collecting information from past, current, and potential cyber threats, and then the information is analyzed.
- Security Event Correlation – Involves spotting patterns in the data collected by the SIEM systems that could threaten security.
- Advanced Analytics – Involves behavior analysis of the expectations of employee behaviors and any changes to the behavior.
- Threat Hunting – The SIEM software produces data of potential threats, new threats, and the impact on the organization over time.
Three Reasons Why You Should Invest in SOC
The SOC deals with security issues and events on an organizational and technical level. Most businesses don’t have the time, staff, or budget to incorporate a SOC in-house, so they outsource to an IT services provider, like I.T. Matters, Inc.
The three main reasons a business should invest in a SOC are:
- Maintain Continuous Coverage – Hackers like to access an organization’s network during non-business hours. Cyberattacks are launched from around the world and could reach your network during non-business hours. You need a team of specialists, trained in information security, monitoring your environment 24/7/365.
- Find & Retain Cybersecurity Experts – It is difficult to find a security expert to work in house. Managed Service Providers (MSPs) have whole teams of staff members with tremendous experience, training, and certification in security monitoring. You need an MSP who already employs security experts.
- Prioritize Alert Processes – Relying on tools, software, and one IT staff member to keep your environment protected is no longer enough. You need a team of security experts who can monitor and prioritize threats while ignoring false positives.
SOC & SIEM Services from I.T. Matters, Inc.
I.T. Matters can offer many cybersecurity solutions for your Houston organization, including SOC and SIEM services.
Our SOC and SIEM services are a 24/7/365 dedicated security monitoring team for analysis and remediation which includes:
- Firewall Log Management (SIEM)
- Network Log Management (SIEM)
- End-point Log Management (SIEM)
- Domain Controller Management (SIEM)
- Threat Assessment
- Cloud Security (AWS/Azure)
- Office 365 Monitoring
- Dark Web Monitoring
- Vendor Reputation
- Basic Threat Hunting
- Dedicated Security Operation Center 24/7/365
- Incident Response
- Change Management
- Triage (Prioritization)
For more information on our SOC and SIEM services or any of our cybersecurity solutions and IT services, feel free to reach out to us. We are here to help you improve your cybersecurity posture. Let’s get started today. Call us at (281) 280-8500 or send an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to reduce frustrations with technology and boost operational efficiency within your business? The I.T. Matters team partners with companies of various sizes to help you create a secure, scalable, and flexible technology infrastructure.
Exceptional customer service is at the foundation of everything we do – ensuring that IT projects fully align with your business goals. Our friendly and knowledgeable team continually reviews industry trends and government regulations to help reduce risk and create a more productive IT environment for your business. Whether you are looking for full-service, outsourced IT infrastructure support, or simply need help with an upcoming technology project, contact us to help!